How can your story help?
Sharing your story can:
- help raise awareness about the pitfalls of smoking and the benefits of quitting
- help others feel less alone on their quitting journey
- help explain to others how you have managed withdrawals from nicotine, triggers and cravings
- give others the courage to talk about their smoking and seek help to quit
- highlight the need for community fundraising events that enable Cancer Council SA to continue investment in research, prevention and support programs.
Who can share their story?
Anyone and everyone; you may be a smoke, have successfully quit smoking, have relapsed and are trying to quit again, or you may be a family member or friend who has support someone to quit.
Every quitting story is unique and has something to offer.
How will your story be used?
Your story may be used in full or short quotes to support a larger story. With your permission your story may appear:
- in the media and social media
- on the Cancer Council SA and/or Quitline website
- in printed materials
- at events
- on our success stories page here
Cancer Council SA will always provide support and assistance with media opportunities.
Always with your approval
You can choose how to share your story. We will always contact you before we use your story in any way to make sure you are comfortable with what is shared and how.
If you have any questions or would like to share your story, please call 08 8291 4119 or fill in your details below.